Mountaineers Books Best Hikes with Kids: Western Washington
Author Susan Elderkin has seen her kids express wonder and glee at discovering insects and flowers, melt down in tearful defiance in the middle of a trail, and triumphantly reach a summit and view. In short, she’s a regular mom who wants to encourage other parents to get their regular kids out into nature too. While Susan is an expert hiker in her own right, it’s her children who helped her to see hiking from a kid’s point of view. The result is Best Hikes with Kids: Western Washington, a fresh and wholly new guide for families looking for quality time together away from their distracting devices. Guidebook features include:
- 125 hikes—carefully selected and vetted by both parents and children
- Routes range in length from less than 2 miles (great for toddlers) to as much as 6 miles (for older kids who want to test themselves)
- Handy info blocks give a quick snapshot of each hike: best season, difficulty, length, high point, and elevation gain
- 13 “Great Getaways”—weekend or vacation destinations around the state with hiking trails and other family-fun activities
- Colorful icons indicate star attractions of the hike: splash zone, wildflowers, old-growth, dog-friendliness, stroller-accessibility, and more
- “Best of” lists make it easy for families to match hikes to their kids’ interests
- Driving directions, complete trail information, GPS trailhead coordinates, and color map included for each hike
- Tips on how to motivate kids on the trail, what’s appropriate for different ages, nature facts, and more
For all eligible items, we will gladly accept the return or exchange of new items within 30 days of the original shipment date of product for a full refund.
Free shipping on orders over $150! We use UPS and USPS, and send tracking info as soon as your order is shipped.
Here to Help
Have a question about this product? Feel free to use the chat icon to your right, or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Hikes with Kids: Western Washington