Mountain Hardwear AMG 75 Backpack
Test your technical mountaineering skills for the weekend with back-up from the AMG™ 75. Designed for high-elevation hauls where the best plan is one that goes accordingly, this pack by prioritizes those non-negotiable tools to keep you on track. Whether it's your first go with the Grand Teton or your fiftieth 14er in the Colorado Rockies, safely push your limits without making comfort a luxury you leave at camp.
- Uses: Alpine Climbing
- Foam-padded hip belt and shoulder straps engineered to carry the heaviest loads comfortably
- Frame-integrated hip belt efficiently pivots for a more dynamic and natural carry while securely keeping the weight transfer properly in place
- Light and strong 7000 series aluminum frame supports heavy loads
- Durable 840D carbonate coated nylon base with stand up design for easy loading
- Multiple lash points and long, full-wrap compression webbing secure overloads while effectively reducing volume as needed to keep any size load stable
- Large zippered front pocket stores avalanche tools while maintaining usable volume even when main compartment is full
- Adjustable tool carry system
- Full floating lid with two secure zip pockets plus internal secure zip pocket with key clip
- Expandable deep side pockets easily secure alpine essentials like tent poles, pickets, wands, water bottles, or even a small shovel
- Easy-access, oversized front stash pocket fits crampons
- Universal buckle for hydration compatibility
- A-frame and diagonal ski carry
- Reinforced webbing haul loops on hip belt for pulling sleds
- Front panel daisy chain with center grab handle
- Rope carry or center load compression strap
- Sternum strap with whistle buckle
- Reflective accents on shoulder straps and front panel
*Actual weight may vary.
For all eligible items, we will gladly accept the return or exchange of new items within 30 days of the original shipment date of product for a full refund.
Free shipping on orders over $150! We use UPS and USPS, and send tracking info as soon as your order is shipped.
Here to Help
Have a question about this product? Feel free to use the chat icon to your right, or reach out to us at email@example.com
AMG 75 Backpack
I looked well into this pack before purchasing and I loved everything I read and the all the features included. The features are well thought out and refined, the adjustments are very simple and easy and the pack loads weight like a beast. It sits well on your hips and the padding makes it extra comfortable for long excursions. The pack looks sharp and felt great when I had 45 pounds loaded in it. I used it on a two day summit of my baker and loved it.
Some highlights of the pack are how well it carried weight and a unique feature of the hip belt moving with your hips. The fabric is really burly and I the black boot on the bottom and no straps over it gives me lots of confidence to set it down on rough surfaces.
The only negatives I have to say is that I wish instead of two tool loops on the belt I think it’s really only necessary to have 1 and have the other and a pocket for snacks etc. I think if you needed so many tools you need two tool loops you’ll likely also be wearing a harness with some extra space to carry.
Also shout out to Whittaker who worked with my mom to surprise me with this pack they coordinated it well and I love the staff here
AMG 75 Backpack
Haven't had a chance to use this yet. But my initial impressions are that it's a very well built pack with great gear attachments for mountaineering. Planning to use it for a Shasta ascent this year and a Whitney mountaineer's trip in preparation for Rainier in summer '24. I think it will be great for all three