Black Diamond Venom Ice Axe
Combining the technical precision of an ice tool with the classic alpine functionality of a piolet, the Black Diamond Venom ice axe is the one tool to have for technical ski mountaineering missions, classic glacier routes and moderate snow climbs with short cruxes. The Venom’s stainless steel head features a fully interchangeable pick design that is compatible with any Black Diamond pick. The integrated grip and asymmetrical angled shaft provide security and easy handling when swinging it like an ice tool, and a sliding FlickLock pommel offers an adjustable second grip for choking up on steep snow. The dual-density grip and included Lockdown Leash increase security when things get dicey.
- Climbs steep couloirs, plunges and self arrests
- Venom Hammer is equipped with a Tech Pick and the Venom Adze comes with the Classic Pick
- Comfortable, dual-density molded grip
- Lockdown Leash included
My tool of choice when working in the Cascades is the Black Diamond Venom Hammer. This axe, while being heftier than it's feather-weight Raven cousin, gives me the power to secure additional protection.
- CEN-B certified
- Pick: Tech Pick: Chromoly steel
- Head: Stainless Steel
- Grip: Dual-density
- [50 cm, Hammer] 517g (1lb 2oz)
- [50cm, Adze] 514oz (1lb 2oz)
- Shaft: Aluminum
Venom Ice Axe