Black Diamond Venom Ice Axe
The ultimate hybrid axe for technical couloirs and rugged alpine terrain, the Black Diamond Venom bridges the gap between classic piolet and technical ice tool. The curved upper shaft provides added clearance during technical ice and snow sections, while the traditional spike makes for smooth plunging on the uphill. The dual-density grip and included Lockdown Leash increase security when things get dicey.
My tool of choice when working in the Cascades is the Black Diamond Venom Hammer. This axe, while being heftier than it's feather-weight Raven cousin, gives me the power to secure additional protection.
- Climbs steep couloirs, plunges and self arrests
- Venom Hammer is equipped with a Tech Pick and the Venom Adze comes with the Classic Pick
- Comfortable, dual-density molded grip
- Lockdown Leash included
- CEN-B certified
- Pick: Tech Pick: Chromoly steel
- Head: Hammer or Adze // Spike: Stainless steel
- Grip: Dual-density
- Weight With Leash: [50 cm, hammer] 528 g (1 lb 3 oz)
- Shaft: Aluminum
Venom Ice Axe