Black Diamond Mission 55 Pack
Dedicated, durable and designed for ice cragging, mixed ascents and cold-weather expeditions, the Black Diamond Mission pack is our toughest alpine pack. Featuring an updated BD X-rip 420d fabric with UTS™ coating, these packs are now ultra-durable to withstand season after season of mountain abuse. These packs also provide a balanced carry thanks to its SwingArm shoulder straps, and fully strippable waistbelt, lid and frame-sheet. The new custom metal dogbone ice tool attachment provides secure attachment for technical ice tools and mountaineering axes while a front crampon pouch and a tuck-away rope strap secure gear to the outside. Finally, a drawcord skirt provides a second defense against spindrift and light precip.
- New BD “X-rip” 420d Nylon body fabric with UTS™ coating
- Welded front abrasion patch for improved protection against rock, ice and crampon spikes.
- New custom metal dogbone ice tool attachment with micro ice-tool PickPockets™ and removable 20 mm crampon straps
- Top-loading, with removable lid, drawcord skirt closure and tuck-away rope strap
- Strippable design: removable frame sheet / bivy pad and removable hipbelt with fixed webbing belt
- Redesigned Shoulder Strap harness for improved comfort and durability
- Moisture-wicking redesigned back-panel
- Raincover available separately
Daniel May, RMI Guide
Personally I love the black diamond speed. It is low profile, simple, clean and easy to use. Packs well and fits on the back well even when not fully packed out. Also allows for two ice tools.
Mission 55 Pack