Bight Gear Mens Solstice Graphene Hoody
The Solstice Graphene is guide grit plus lab smarts.
NEED TO KNOW:
- Function: The newest, best iteration of Bight Gear's classic baselayer. Graphene fabric takes this piece to new heights with a light-as-air feel, UPF 55+ sun protection, next-gen moisture wicking, and natural antimicrobial properties.
- Layering: Good for a range of temps and conditions. Wear alone as a sun hoodie, or as a next-to-skin baselayer under other layers when things get cold.
- Fit: Relaxed
- Gen7 Graphene fabric
- Naturally antimicrobial for reduced stink
- UPF 55+ sun protection
- Oversized hood for full coverage with or without a hat
- Overlap below the chin to protect neck area from sun exposure
- Raglan sleeve for increased comfort and mobility
- Thumbholes with extra hand coverage for sun protection
- Drop tail hem provides coverage and length where needed most
- Flat seam construction for chafe-free comfort
- Relaxed fit
Fabrics: 95% Polyester (.04% graphene), 5% spandex
- Country of Origin: El Salvador
- Weight: 7.7oz
IN MORE DETAIL:
This is the best baselayer we've ever made. Period. Years of development and iteration led us to a new synthetic fabric that feels like cotton, but wicks like synthetic. It incorporates Graphene nanomaterial for increased heat transfer and odor reduction and comes in at UPF 55+ sun protection to keep you from getting microwaved up high.
Men’s Size Chart
Mens Solstice Graphene Hoody
I have been wearing these hoodies for over a year over several hundred miles of hiking and they have become my four season go to. They are comfortable, dry quickly and are comfortable against the skin when wet. In the winter (in the North East) I wear a Brynje mesh layer underneath it and have had great success wearing these two layers with sweat management. Hoping they come out with a short sleeve version soon!
I bought the gold/yellow sun hoody and absolutely love it. I've worn it as a base layer on colder hikes and love the thumbholes stretchy hood (which easily fits over my climbing helmet). I also use the hoody on sunnier, exposed days, and it does a good job of keeping me shaded without added heat. I bought a second hoody (the blue one)due to my experience with the first one, recommended it to my climbing partner, and tried to by one for my mom for use on her kayak (although there were no women's XS left!). Can't wait for more colors and inventory :)
Got one for myself and my wife after seeing them used on Rainier. We each wear ours 2-3x a week!
I love these shirts. They really are the perfect do it all. "Normal" enough to wear as a layer in a work outfit, comfortable enough to wear any time (hot or cold), a useful feature set that's always applicable and every bit technical enough to go out and climb a mountain. Only thing I can fault you for is not having more to buy.
Great shirt , I’ve worn it as a base layer for colder climbs like Hood and I have also been wearing when I go to Smith Rock. Awesome color, I will definitely be getting another one before I go climb in the Enchantments in August.