Black Diamond Contact Crampons
For general mountaineering, we prefer 10 point over 12 point crampons, and when it comes to 10 pointers, Black Diamond's Contact Strap is hard to beat. We've been using these in our rental program for decades, and work well with ski and overboots as well as general mountaineering boots.
Designed for ice and snow travel, the lightweight Black Diamond Contact crampon is ideal for mountaineers, skiers and hikers. Its stainless steel construction won't rust and avoids environmentally toxic coatings that wear off in the mountains. The compact, 10-point design offers easy walking, while the fast-adjust attachment system accommodates almost any footwear. ABS plates included.
This is the best all around, general mountaineering crampon. I've worn these all over the world. These are great for climbers of every level, a simple binding system that works with a wide range of boots and moderately aggressive front point, perfect for glacier walking.
- Distinctive stainless steel construction doesn't rust, is more durable, resists snow balling and saves weight
- New lower-profile fit for better contact with modern boots
- Flexible toe strap fits most footwear
- Compact and easy to use
- Includes dual-density ABS
- Weight Per Pair : 808 g/1 lb 13 oz (Strap)
- Size : One size fits 36 - 46. 46+ will require our long center bar. (Not included)
- Materials : Stainless steel