Petzl Nomic Ice Tool
With weight-assisted balance and exceptional swing, the Petzl Nomic ice tool has a modular construction and delivers excellent penetration in any type of ice, even the very hardest.
My tool of choice when working in the Cascades is the Black Diamond Venom Hammer. This axe, while being heftier than it's feather-weight Raven cousin, gives me the power to secure additional protection.
- Entirely modular construction allows the technical aspects of the ice axe to be adjusted; sold with Pur'Ice pick, Masselottes, Mini Marteau and Griprest Nomic handrest
- Compatible with Petzl accessories (not included): Ice, Dry, Pur'Dry, Panne and Marteau; includes Mini Marteau to protect the head and allow you to hammer a piton back in
- Pur'Ice pick provides efficient placement in any type of ice; 3mm taper at tip offers optimal penetration in even the hardest ice
- Double handle (high and low) offers multiple grip modes and stable hand switching
- Balance and shape of ice tool provides exceptional swing for efficient placement; curve under the head offers facilitated hooking
- Top of pick is serrated for efficient use when ice axe is turned upside down, offering stable support and keeping the axe handle protected from moisture
- Griprest Ergonomic handrest is overmolded to 3 positions and adapts to all hand sizes even when you're wearing gloves
- Offset lower handle protects your hand from contact with ice and adds comfort when suspended; upper handle is overmolded with bi-material for grip and insulation from the cold
- Lower part of handrest has a serrated stainless-steel point that improves support when used in piolet-canne mode
- Connection hole is compatible with V-LINK elasticated loss-prevention webbing (not included)
- Certifications: CE, UIAA
Nomic Ice Tool