Mountaineers Books Yoga for Climbers
Yoga for Climbers
by Nicole Tsong.
Yoga for Climbers will show you how to create a yoga practice at home that will keep you healthy, prevent injuries, and support and improve your outdoor passions. This guide features easy-to-understand yoga poses and sequences designed to address the specific stresses that climbing enacts on the body.
This guide features:
• Detailed overviews of the areas of the body most impacted by climbing and hiking
• Injuries common to these sports that yoga can address
• Explanation of yoga's physical and mental benefits, and how it can enhance time on rock or trail
• Foundational techniques for creating a yoga practice, including the fundamentals of meditation
• Several sequences for a home practice, designed specifically for climbers and hikers
• Interviews with climbers and hikers who use yoga to support their physical strength and hone their mental focus—from professionals, such as Steph Davis and Buzz Burrell, to average weekend-warriors
For inspiration and visual appeal, the books include panoramas of yoga poses in outdoor settings, studio photos of the specific yoga poses and sequences, and technical drawings related to anatomy and common ailments.
Publisher: Mountaineers Books
Published: May 4, 2016
For all eligible items, we will gladly accept the return or exchange of new items within 30 days of the original shipment date of product for a full refund.
Free shipping on orders over $150! We use UPS and USPS, and send tracking info as soon as your order is shipped.
Here to Help
Have a question about this product? Feel free to use the chat icon to your right, or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga for Climbers