Bight Gear Women's Alpha ® Ascender Vest
We liked our Alpha Ascender hoody so much, we decided to hack the sleeves off and turn it into one of those technical vests everybody’s wearing these days. But this is way more than technical “looking.” This vest is the product of 100,000+ vertical feet of testing by the world’s greatest mountain guides. Made with military-spec Polartec Alpha active insulation, and strategically located stretch panels, the Ascender has alpine credibility both on and off the mountain.
- Function: Active insulation vest that keeps your core temp stable, but breathes when you’re on the move.
- Layering: Throw it on over a baselayer or a fleece when you’re on the mountain. Wear over a button down, or t-shirt when you’re in the office.
- Insulation Type: Synthetic (Polartec® Alpha® 80gm)
- Fit: Athletic
- Weather resistant and breathable stretch ripstop fabric
- Stretch smooth faced fleece side panels
- Stretch woven mesh lining for superior breathability
- Seaming strategically engineered to provide stretch where necessary
- Zippered chest pocket
- Zippered hand warmer pockets
- Internal stash pockets
- Athletic fit
- FABRICS: 15D nylon/spandex ripstop with DWR finish; Nylon/poly/spandex smooth faced fleece stretch panels
- INSULATION: Polartec® Alpha (80gm)
- WEIGHT: 8.9oz (size M)
COUNTRYOF ORIGIN: China
Women's Alpha ® Ascender Vest
I have this in both the black and magenta, and absolutely love it! This vest is so lightweight and versatile! It’s a great layering piece for my many hikes, runs, and dog walks. I have also been known to wear it out and about when meeting up with friends, as well as over my scrubs during my 12-hour shifts at work. With the exception of fancy occasions, it’s difficult to find a reason to leave this vest at home.
Wearing it every day! Wish there were more color options.
I love this vest! It’s a fabulous layering piece while outdoors, keeping in just enough heat to keep you comfortable while providing excellent breathability. I have also worn it out and about for Sunday brunches and walks with the pup. This vest has quickly become one of my favorite go-to pieces.