The Sum'Tec ice axe represents versatility: it adapts easily to any mountaineering activity, from classic to technical. It is completely modular, allowing it to be optimized for the objective. The Trigrest handrest, adjustable without tools, and the compatibility of the ice axe with most Petzl accessories ensure the efficiency required for difficult sections.
My tool of choice when working in the Cascades is the Black Diamond Venom Hammer. This axe, while being heftier than it's feather-weight Raven cousin, gives me the power to secure additional protection.
- ICE pick is tapered at the tip for easy penetration in any ice
- The TRIGREST handrest allows the position of the hand or the index finger to be adjusted into climbing mode quickly and without tools
- Shaft has steel spike for solid support in piolet-canne mode
- Curved shaft for efficient anchoring, while protecting the hand
- Shaft is straight enough for efficient planting into snow and walking comfortably
Completely modular ice axe
- Interchangeable picks adapt to different objectives
- Adze and hammer are interchangeable
- Pick type: 2
- Shaft type: 2
- Material(s): steel, aluminum, nylon
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
- Weight: 470g
- Ice axe sold with ICE pick, PANNE adze or MARTEAU hammer, TRIGREST handrest.