Mountain Hardwear Nilas™ Jacket
There are three key features any high-altitude ascentionist needs: warmth, lightweight, and windproof. The Nilas™ from Mountain Hardwear nails all three of these, and is perfect for 6000m + peaks including Mt. Vinson in Antarctica and on Denali. Designed for and used by alpinists, the Nilas™ features Q.Shield™ DOWN that resists moisture to retain critical loft and warmth even in damp conditions. AirShield™ technology keeps the wind at bay so even when it's howling, it's always calm and dry inside.
Be sure to size up a bit, as puffies like this should fit easily over all your other layers.
Elias de Andres Martos
Warm enough to go to 6K meters in the Andes and Himalaya but light and compressible enough to throw into my pack for every trip, I always carry this parka. The two way zip provides easy access to my belay device and the hydrophobic down takes some of the worry out of getting it wet.
|S||36 - 38||33|
|M||39 - 40||34|
|L||41 - 43||35|
|XL||44 - 46||36|
|XXL||48 - 51||37|
- 850-fill Q.Shield™ DOWN resists heat-robbing moisture and retains maximum loft even when wet
- Baffled down construction provides all-over warmth that eliminates cold spots
- One-handed hood and hem drawcords for quick fit adjustments
- Low-profile, insulated hood
- Soft, "Butter Jersey" cuffs
- Center Back Length: 30 in / 76 cm
- Uses: Ski / Snowsports, Alpine Climbing