Mountain Hardwear Nilas™ Jacket USED Tier 2
TIER 2: LIKED
This is a TIER 2 USED item, meaning it has seen about a season’s worth of use (approximately 5-8 climbs on Rainier). This means it could show very light use: some fading, small markings, minor stains, minor scuffing, minor linting, minor discoloration. There will be NO: rips, tears, broken zippers, drawstrings, big/dark stains, patches, etc.
All items that were once part of our rental fleet will be numbered with black sharpie on the inside, regardless of condition. If you have further questions, feel free to check our Gear Cache page, or contact us! Also, keep in mind our return policy is different for Used gear!
A warm, light, and windproof down insulated jacket for high-altitude ascents. Designed for and used by speed climber Ueli Steck, the Nilas features 850-fill Q.Shield™ DOWN that resists moisture to retain critical loft and warmth even in damp conditions. AirShield™ technology keeps the wind at bay so that even when it’s howling, it’s always calm and dry inside the Nilas.
Elias de Andres Martos
Warm enough to go to 6K meters in the Andes and Himalaya but light and compressible enough to throw into my pack for every trip, I always carry this parka. The two way zip provides easy access to my belay device and the hydrophobic down takes some of the worry out of getting it wet.
- Q.Shield® DOWN resists heat-robbing moisture and retains maximum loft even when wet
- Baffled down construction provides all-over warmth that eliminates cold spots
- One-handed hood and hem drawcords for quick fit adjustments
- Low profile, insulated hood
- Soft, “Butter Jersey” cuffs
- Body Fabric: AirShield™ 15D 2L
- Body Fabric Content: 100% Nylon
- Insulation: Q.Shield™ Down 850-Fill
- Center Back Length: 30" / 76 cm
- Apparel Fit: Active
- Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz. / 729 g.
Nilas™ Jacket USED Tier 2