La Sportiva Nepal Cube GTX
This boot is the Guide Pick™ for mid-season Rainier climbs, or anywhere a single, leather boot is required! The Nepal Cube GTX is a warm and technical mountaineering boot designed to provide a lightweight yet robust boot to tackle big peaks, mixed terrain, glacier travel and vertical ice. Offering features like the carbon tech honeycomb insole, an insulated comfort Gore-Tex® membrane and a removable and adjustable tongue, the Nepal Cubes provides a secure and precise fit to optimize your objective.
We recommend ordering this boot 1/2 size larger than your typical US size. See drop down selection for European/US size equivalents. Note that a "plus" size is slightly larger than a US half size but smaller than the next whole size.
- Highly insulating Carbon Tech honeycomb insole is lightweight, stiff and low profile
- Insulated Comfort Gore-Tex® membrane provides waterproof breathability coupled with insulation
- Innovative 3D Flex™ ankle
- Removable and adjustable variable fit tongue
- Ideal terrain: Winter mountaineering, ice climbing, mixed climbing
- SIZES: 38 - 48 (half sizes)
- WEIGHT: 31.50 oz (894g)
- LAST: Nepal
- UPPER: 3.2mm silicone impregnated Idro-Perwanger Roughout Leather with high-abrasion resistant fabric / Air-injected rubber rands
- LINING: Gore-Tex® Insulated Comfort Footwear
- INSOLE: 3mm Carbon Tech honeycomb insulation / 4mm EVA
- MIDSOLE: 3 mm Polyurethane graded for crampon attachment
- SOLE: Vibram® Matterhorn with Impact Brake System™
Nepal Cube GTX
I have ice climbed in Ouray for two seasons with these boots and I just love them. If you have ever ice climbed, you know how much time is spent just standing while belaying your climbing partner. My feet never got a bit cold.