Blue Ice Choucas Pro Harness
When the guides over at RMI Expeditions say they love a harness, they don't do so lightly. Chances are they've used it in some pretty harrowing circumstances, and it's held up just fine. The Choucas Pro from Blue ice is that harness.
The Choucas Pro is a minimalist and uncluttered model, ideal for the most challenging excursions and technical mountaineering. It has four gear loops, four waist belt ice screw slots, a waist speed buckle, and a reinforced belay loop for extreme versatility and technicality. Its patented large leg loops opening allows you to safely secure it with crampons or skis on.
Daniel May, RMI Guide
I love my Choucas Pro harness. Easy to put on with a bunch of gear, crampons and boots. Sits nicely and comfortably on the hips. I have fallen in it, arrested a fall, belayed and rappelled all comfortably for such a small and light harness.
Instructions for use:
• Breathable mesh waist belt and leg loops
• Four large gear loops
• Four ice screw slots on waist belt
• Waist speed buckle
• Full strength "magic ring" belay loop
• Patented leg loops opening with secured aluminum buckles
• Adjustable and replaceable rear elastic
• Ultralight weight: 128g (XS), 134g S, 140 (M), 146(L), 152g (XL)
• Dimensions waist/leg: XS (63-76cm/44-51cm); S (68-81cm/48-55cm), M (74-87cm/52-59cm), L (81-94cm/57-64cm), XL (90-103cm/63-70cm).
• Material: UHMW polyethylene, high tenacity PES, Aircraft-grade aluminum, acetal buckles
• Conform to the CE/EN 12277 type C climbing harness certification
• UIAA certified
• Designed in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
• Ideal for Mountaineering, rock and ice climbing
Choucas Pro Harness