Mountain Hardwear BMG™ 105 OutDry Backpack
This pack is GUIDE PICK for Denali, Aconcagua, or any trip where you need to haul more than 75L. Designed for professional guides to comfortably haul heavy loads on long treks. Flexible design and compression system ensures this pack can grow-or shrink-according to your needs. OutDry construction bonds a durable waterproof membrane to the main compartment so that your gear stays safe and dry in even the wettest conditions.
This pack's clean design makes it easy to manage even when the climb gets tough. Quick-release ice axe attachment points, gear loops, and easy access zippers are all benefits on a longer expedition. The BMG's sturdy frame will help keep the weight of an expedition load resting comfortably on your hips.
Pack Frame Size
Your correct frame size is found by measuring your torso from the seventh vertebra (the big bump where the shoulder slope meets the neck) down the spine to the point in the small of your back which is horizontally level with the top of your hip bones (iliac crest). To find the iliac crest, use your fingers to trace the hip bone upwards until you can feel the point where the top edge of your hip bones curve inwards, on the side of your hip, creating something of a shelf. Holding your finger on the seventh vertebra, measure down your back to the point in the small of your back level with your iliac crest. The measurement is most easily obtained using a string or a cloth tape and help from a friend. This is your torso length, and using it, you can now select the correct frame size.
|Small/Medium||16-19 in / 41-48 cm|
|Medium/Large||18.5-22 in / 47-56 cm|
- OutDry membrane construction main compartment keeps your gear safe and dry
- Two-part / FitLock, multi-density padded waist belt, with gear loops, built to carry the heaviest loads in comfort
- HardWave suspension conforms comfortably to the curve of your back and distributes weight evenly but is removable for carrying light loads
- Multiple lash points and long compression webbing allow for overloads while effectively reducing volume as needed to keep any size load stable
- Large zippered front pocket allows storage of frequently needed items or tools and maintains volume even when main compartment is full
- Easy access crampon stash pocket
- Intuitive, easy to secure and adjust ice-ax / ice tool carry system with pass through sleeve to conceal picks
- Super-strong X-Ply Ripstop front panel offers extreme abrasion resistance and tear strength at an incredibly light weight
- Flexible design concept allows removing or adding pack components for optimal versatility
- Great load transfer through an aluminum perimeter stay that locks into hipbelt while allowing slight pivoting
- Additional removable horizontal stay in lower pack creates a more rigid frame for more efficient load transfer to carry heavy loads comfortably
- Dual-density shoulder straps carry in comfort
- Removable top pocket with zippered security pocket inside for valuables
- Reinforced grab handle ensures safe hauling when needed
- Deep wand or picket pockets with hook and loop closure
- Lower webbing accessory straps double as compression for lower pack
- Reinforced web haul loops on lower sides of backpanel for pulling sleds or pulks
- Materials - Body: 400D HD Nylon // Accent: HardWear™ X-Ply Ripstop // Bottom: 840D HT Ballistic Nylon
- OutDry® Technology: OutDry® is a proprietary construction technology that bonds a waterproof-breathable membrane directly to the shell fabric.
- Capacity: S/M - 6400 cu. in. / 105 L // M/L - 7020 cu. in. / 115 L
- Weight: S/M - 4 lb. 11 oz. // M/L - 4 lb. 15 oz.
BMG™ 105 OutDry Backpack