Black Diamond Raven Ice Axe-2021
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Raven has been a staple of our rental program for decades, and is considered by all of us here at Whittaker Mountaineering to be a general mountaineering classic. While the new Raven Pro has a few small updates, this original model will perform just the same at altitude.
A modern version of Chouinard's original curved-pick mountain axe, the Black Diamond Raven Ice Axe is our classic mountaineer's piolet that has been used on classic climbs the world over for decades. The Raven's durable aircraft aluminum shaft and investment-cast stainless steel pick are engineered for secure self-arresting.
General Sizing Guidelines
- 60 cm - 5' 4" and shorter
- 65 cm - 5' 4" - 5' 8" and shorter
- 70 cm - 5' 8" to roughly 6' 2"
- 75 cm - 6' 1" to 6' 6"
Depending on the steepness of the slopes you'll be climbing, you may want to adjust this (go shorter for front-pointing on steep ice, longer for upright glacier walking). But this is a good reference for the standard routes on peaks like Mt. Rainier or Denali.
- Durable, aircraft-grade aluminum shaft
- Investment-cast, one-piece stainless steel head with an aggressive pick and large hole for a carabiner
- Pick's curve and teeth engineered for secure self-arresting
- CEN-B certified
- Head : Stainless steel
- Shaft : Aluminum
- Weight : [55 cm] 444 g (15.6 oz)
Raven Ice Axe-2021